Dear Patients, Friends, and Neighbors,
All of us here at Veenstra Family Dental hope this letter finds you and your loved ones healthy and safe during these times. Our community has been through a lot over the past several months and we are forever grateful to the essential workers and the men and women on the front lines who have showed amazing courage. While many things have changed, one thing remains the same: our strong commitment to keeping our patients safe.
Effective Tuesday, May 26, 2020, an executive order from Governor Murphy has reinstated elective and routine procedures for dental and medical facilities. With this new order we are excited to see our patients again, but we have taken many precautions in the office and even the way we see patients to maintain and surpass the guidelines and recommendations from the State of New Jersey, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the American Dental Association (ADA). Before your next appointment some of these changes include:
• We ask everyone to be as punctual as possible for their appointments to help reduce the wait times and patient – patient interactions.
• When you arrive in the parking lot, please stay in your car and call or text the office. We will give further instructions when it is appropriate to enter.
• We ask patients to enter unaccompanied unless the patient is a minor
• We require all patients to wear face masks upon entering and exiting
• Upon arrival please use the hand sanitizer and your temperature and blood-oxygen saturation levels will be taken. Temperatures above 100 or Oxygen saturation below 90% will be rescheduled
• Plexiglass barriers and hand sanitizer have been placed at the front desk
• The office is equipped with HEPA filtration air purifiers with UV lights for disinfection
• The office is sprayed daily with a hospital-grade disinfectant
• As always, medical grade disinfectants are used to wipe down all counter tops, exposed surfaces, and walls of the office
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
Dr. Doug, Dr. Eric and all the staff at Veenstra Family Dental are truly looking forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe. To make an appointment, please call our office at 201-447-0300.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your ongoing trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you all back!
Dr. Eric Veenstra & Dr. Doug Veenstra
Dr. Doug went to dental school at UMDNJ (now Rutgers Dental school). After graduation, he did one year General Dentistry Residency at Bergen Regional Medical Center, after which he opened up his own practice in Midland Park, in 1981.
After completing Dental School, Dr. Eric joined his father, Dr. Doug, in his practice in Midland Park, NJ. They have loved working together and feel blessed to continually grow in their service to the community where they’ve been for over 35 years.Learn More
At Veenstra Family Dental we pride ourselves on offering unparalleled service and quality care. Our staff is friendly, considerate, and here to help you.Learn More
We recommend scheduling a visit with our dentist in Midland Park, NJ at least every six months. These preventative care appointments allow us to intervene early, when signs of decay or gum disease are starting to develop. The Veenstra Family Dental team will show you effective strategies to limit your risk for dental problems in the future, or create an individualized care plan to address any underlying issues that may have popped up between your visits.